ANALISIS SOSIO – EKONOMI TERHADAP PEMBERDAYAAN PEREMPUAN : KASUS PEKERJA SEKTOR INFORMAL DI KOTA SOLO, JAWA TENGAH
MetadataShow full item record
The findings of the research indicated that from the kinds of businesses including meal, non-meal and beverage, the group of non-meal is a kind of most businesses of PKLs beverage in Solo. From the demographic aspect, the amount of the 21-30-year-old vendors is 52 people (35%); 49 (33%) vendors are a graduate of Senior High School; the majority of the vendors’ sex is male (90 people or 60%); they are migrants (61 people or 41%) and the rest are natives (89 people or 59%); they are married (94 people or 63%); and their children average one child (43 people or 29%). The high group of productive age amounts 70 people (35%). It indicated that the interest in the formal sector is very limited and therefore, the labor force of productive age is not included in it. The finding indicated that the graduates of Higher Education to be a vendor amount 31 people (21%). It stated that the ethos of businessman not only include primary school but also Higher Education. The ownerships of business places mostly belong to PKLs themselves (109 places or 55%). It indicated that they have utilized their land optimally, particularly being on the urban transportation line. Most of their jobs in hometown are a farmer (61 people or 41%) and temporary labourer (27 people or 23%). This indicated that the agricultural sector no longer guarantee the people’s welfare, therefore it is reasonable that if many farmers change their profession in being an informal sector worker and vendor in the urban area. It is an interesting issue that being a vendor could change their social status. It seems from the aspect of land and field ownership after and before being a vendor. Referring to the data of before and after being a vendor, the land and field ownership amount 99 (66%) and 121 (81%), respectively.